Re: Make doesn't bail on compile errors

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Make doesn't bail on compile errors
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:27:04 -0400

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 16:13 -0500, Michael L Brown wrote:
> A side note before I go and describe the Makefile layout... When the
> linking is done, the failure that occurs in there does cause the whole
> process to fail.

There must be more going on here that hasn't been shown.  I can't see
offhand anything that would cause this behavior, and I can't reproduce
it myself using a similar setup.

Perhaps you could create a simpler test case that showed the problem
you're having: if you can then we can examine it, and if you can't then
you know there's something else happening beyond the obvious.  I
recommend using the -n option (to see what make is actually invoking)
and the -d option (to see what it's doing).