RE: determining length of string

From: Dave Korn
Subject: RE: determining length of string
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:36:49 +0100

On 10 April 2007 08:21, John Graham-Cumming wrote:

> John Graham-Cumming wrote:
>> Left as an exercise for the reader :-)
>
> OK.  That was a little harsh.  Here's a strchop function that can
> truncate an arbitrary string to a certain number of characters:

  While we're at it, let's mention GMSL: the Gnu Make Standard Library
http://gmsl.sourceforge.net/
which has a whole bunch of similar string manipulation functions and can be
very informative to study and see how they work.

  <g>  Hey, I just looked at the bottom of that page and figured out why the
coding style looks so similar...!

    cheers,
      DaveK