Re: Fun with auto generated dependencies & clean...

From: Rick Flower
Subject: Re: Fun with auto generated dependencies & clean...
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:54:16 -0700

Rick Flower wrote:
Mike Shal wrote:

The problem is you're building the dependencies before each build,
rather than during the build. This is because you've made a rule for
the dependency files (%.d: %.cc) and you're including them. It is only
necessary to have the dependency files available for the *next* build.
See: http://make.paulandlesley.org/autodep.html

Sounds good.. I'm still reading the above site.. Thanks for the link

I think some of the questions I asked in the last email are probably answered on the above site -- specifically about placement of the depends files.. I guess I've got some playing around to do..