RE: unable to use $ORIGIN in rpath

From: Dave Korn
Subject: RE: unable to use $ORIGIN in rpath
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:26:21 +0100

On 15 August 2007 20:22, Dave Korn wrote:

>   How about a new kind of export directive that flags a recursive variable
> to not be expanded, so that the version that makes it through to the
> submake has the *exact* same contents as the version in the top-level make?

  Something along these lines?  (Patch is untested, in fact I haven't even
compiled it yet because my build dir is broken.  I developed this on our
in-house 3.80 variant and the attached is a crude up-port to HEAD.  I'm not
sure if the xstrdup is necessary, for example.  This is just a sketch, not a
patch submission!)

    cheers,
      DaveK