Re: Object files automatically deleted by pattern rule

From: Adam Lichtl
Subject: Re: Object files automatically deleted by pattern rule
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 17:34:43 -0500

Ah- great! I was also reading up on .SECONDARY with no prerequisites, but I suppose I should be specific and save just my object files with:

.PRECIOUS: %.o

Thanks!
-Adam

On 2008-02-06 21:02Z, Adam Lichtl wrote:
I have a simple Makefile which builds an executable using a pattern rule. When the target it built, make automatically removes the object files generated during the build process. How can I stop this?

See '.PRECIOUS' in the manual.

--

 Adam C. Lichtl, Research Associate
 RIKEN BNL Research Center, Building 510A