make fails during Emacs build process

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: make fails during Emacs build process
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:21:10 -0500

Hi,

I submitted an Emacs bug for this, but it may be a Make issue instead.
Take a look at the thread:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.bugs/18146/focus=97922

basically I'm able to take a dependency off a target and everything
works mysteriously.  It may be related to the number of files in the
dependency (it's a variable with every lisp/*/*.el file).  I don't see
any clues from make -d or make -p.  I've posted all the logs and
circumstances in the thread but would be happy to explain further.

Thanks
Ted