Re: how to use 'tcl' as SHELL?

From: Rodrigo Canellas
Subject: Re: how to use 'tcl' as SHELL?
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:42:15 -0300

Garrett Cooper escreveu:
On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Paul Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 13:14 -0300, Rodrigo Canellas wrote:
Does anyone know how can I do it?
Make will invoke subcommands as "$(SHELL) -c <commandstring>"

You can only use commands for SHELL that conform to this invocation
model: all shells, plus things like ssh etc., do.  Tclsh, apparently,
doesn't... it's trying to read commands from stdin.  Check the tclsh
docs to see how to invoke it to run a command given on the command line.

You will need to write a script that takes arguments in the form make
wants to give them, and invokes tclsh in the form that it wants to
receive them.

tclsh execution conforms to bash, etc all, but things like
redirection, variable declaration, and more important details quite
frankly don't.

Why do you want to use tclsh to make things?

-Garrett
I am trying 'tclsh' because I want a script language that works on MS-Windows too. My other option is 'python', but I would like a simpler language.

Thanks for the help!

believed to be clean.