Re: how to exit the parent_make immediately when get an error in submake

From: Philip Guenther
Subject: Re: how to exit the parent_make immediately when get an error in submake
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:31:19 -0800

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 4:52 AM, Tao T <address@hidden> wrote:
> Currently the situation is that I want stop the parent_make immediately when
> there is an error occurs in sub_make.
> I hope the parent exit immediately when the sub'error occurs.
> who has some suggestion to achieve this functionality?

By default, if a command run for a rule fails, make fails the rule and
exits.  If that's not happening, it's because the rule definitions in
the 'parent' makefile are throwing away or ignoring the status of the
recursive make calls.

So: fix your broken rules.  (If you want more details, you should show
what those rules currently look like.)

Philip Guenther