Re: how-to Recursive Ascend

From: Montaseri
Subject: Re: how-to Recursive Ascend
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 14:55:47 -0700

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your input...

In your solution....do you run the configure(1) script from the ROOT_SRC directory first. If so, this unfortunately it is not quiet what I am looking for. The requirement is,

- check out the src code into any random place on your filesystem
- go to any arbitrary subdir in the src tree and say make

The only good news is that ROOT_SRC/Makefile can have some tell-tell signs that I am at the top (or ROOT_SRC)

Thanks
Medi