help creating a makefile that shows my current ip address

From: gabi
Subject: help creating a makefile that shows my current ip address
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:29:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.

I am a newbie when it comes to make.

I am trying to create a simple Makefile that will echo the IP address as
part of the line, in order to tell me what command to pass to uBoot after
I compile my program.

I want make to generate output like this:
> set serverip 192.168.1.171

where "set serverip " is a simple string and the actual IP address is
returned from a command like the following:

> ifconfig | sed -n '/192\.168\.1\./p' | cut -c -33 |cut -c 21

I am using the ubuntu 9.04 included make:
> make --version
> GNU Make 3.81

When I tried the above ifconfig command as part of the Makefile I got an
error.

Initially I used this command: