Re: Timestamps comparison code?

From: Aleksey Yakovlev
Subject: Re: Timestamps comparison code?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:09:15 -0400

It's not about the clock synchronization (but it might be important too)

I'd actually like to force the GNU make to compare timestamps of a local file with a timestamp of a remote file, accessible via (for example) ssh like:

ssh <remotehost> stat -c=%y <file>

Something like that, but without the make rebuilding :-)

Thanks
AY

On 2010-08-24 21:46Z, Aleksey Yakovlev wrote:
> No, I'm trying to figure out how to use GNU make when not all the files are
> in a local filesystem, some of them may be remote

Here's some discussion:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-make/2010-08/msg00041.html

The best solution is to synchronize the clocks.