Crossing directories for target and source

From: Erik Rull
Subject: Crossing directories for target and source
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 20:29:58 +0200

Hi all,

I'm planning to restructure my projects source tree.
Is it possible to write a rule that does the following:

src/*.c compiles all files to build/*.o
AND is capable to find out that one of the *.c ind the src/ has been modified. My plan is to run the makefile in the parent directory of both src and build.

I'm asking that before starting restructuring because I've heard that make seems to have some difficulties crossing directories.

Hints and tipps for solving this part would be helpful.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Erik