Copying Prerequisites / conditional remove Prerequisites

From: Erik Rull
Subject: Copying Prerequisites / conditional remove Prerequisites
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:55:18 +0200

Hi all,

I want to read out the prerequisites of a defined target into a variable but outside the target rule. Within the target rule I can access to it via $$+, but how can I get this value from outside?

The other thing I'm trying to solve is:
make without any arguments builds my targets (and this works fine)
make clean should clean up my output targets and their compiled prerequisites - like doing a rollback in a database and name the files that have to be removed
Basically I could solve that by writing rm *.o and so on.

What I have is a dynamically built target list and a dynamically created prerequisite list based on variables that are built when executing the standard "make" call. There is all information for doing a "clean" present it is only hidden in the dynamically created rules and I have currently no idea how to access them.

My idea was to just read out the rules and remove the targets and their prerequisite files (finally with rm).

Finally I'm looking for a possibility that prevents that new prerequisites get appended to a target.
You can write
target: prerequisiteN
as often as you want but how can I "close" the list of prerequisites so that there cannot be appended anything else? (or that all successive appended prerequistes are ignored)

Lots of questions :-)

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,

Erik