Re: Problem with a directory name in a rule

From: Chris Cross
Subject: Re: Problem with a directory name in a rule
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:52:29 -0400

> Vincent De Groote <address@hidden>
> I have already tried the rule $(OBJECTS_DIR)/%.o : $(SOURCES_DIR)/%.c
> makefile
>
> but this also doesn't work: it gives the sames results
>

> Any other idea ?
>
> Vincent De Groote

This is *very* interesting to me but I don't have the answer. I have only
made this sort of work by resorting to a static pattern rule where the
targets are all explicitly named:

# (typed from memory...)
CSRCS = foo.c bar.c

OBJS = $(addprefix, $(OBJDIR), $(CSRCS:.c=.o))

$(OBJS): %.o: %.c
        $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) $< -o $@

But what I'd rather have is an implicit rule (the targets aren't explicit)
with a "build dir" path. I don't if it can be done...

Chris