Re: second-expansion prerequisite

From: gaoyong pan
Subject: Re: second-expansion prerequisite
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 12:30:58 +0800

2010/10/30 Paul Smith <address@hidden>:

> The longer answer is that you can use the .SECONDEXPANSION target to
> delay expansion, but you have to change your rule, like this (note the
> double-$):
>
>        .SECONDEXPANSION:
>
>        all: $(fp) $$(sp)

I think this is the feature second_expansion in prerequisite, it will
take effect to all rules afterwards, one drawback is that we may get
unexpected result if the following included makefile has the $$ inside
its prerequisite, is it possible to specify the scope of this feature
to avoid bad thing happen? such as let it apply only to the rule "all"
in this example like something, .SECONDEXPANSION:all

--
Best Regards
Linux user #384184