Re: .NOTPARALLEL!

From: ali hagigat
Subject: Re: .NOTPARALLEL!
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:12:28 +0330

Much appreciated Mr.Paul Smith for the replies.

If first make uses some arguments and the sub-make uses different
arguments, will the sub-make have a combination of the two sets of the
arguments? So it inherits the arguments of its parent program and will
have its own arguments too?

What will be the order of these two sets of the arguments? What set comes first?

Sorry I have become confused. The first make invokes a shell and as
the arguments of that shell will pass the invocation of the second
make with its new arguments and also some old arguments from the first
make?