Re: Get full pathname for file

From: MiltonSv
Subject: Re: Get full pathname for file
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 04:22:37 -0800 (PST)

Paul Smith-20 wrote:

> That's not what realpath does.  The docs say:
>
> `$(realpath NAMES...)'
>      For each file name in NAMES return the canonical absolute name.
>       [...]
>
> If that's not what you're seeing please provide an example of what
> you're doing, what result you got, and what result you expected to get
> (and don't forget to specify what system you've built for: this function
> wants to use the underlying realpath(3) function but not all operating
> systems support it).
>
> --

Here's a more detailed description of what I want to accomplish:

---------8<----------------
APPL_OBJ := $(DOBJ)\SourceFile.o

SOURCENAMES = $(addsuffix .c,$(notdir $(basename $(APPL_OBJ))))

This makes $(SOURCENAMES) contain:
SourceFile.c

All good so far. Now, assume SourceFile.c is located in C:\Source. Is there
a way to make Gnu Make
find the path to this file so that I can get a variable containing:
C:\Source\SourceFile.c ?

I am building this on WindowsXP.