RE: how to remember updated targets across recursive make invocations?

From: Mark Galeck (CW)
Subject: RE: how to remember updated targets across recursive make invocations?
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 00:52:09 -0800

>You seem to have answered your question before you asked it.  I'll
note that the problem is caused by the recursive calls and not by the
directories.

Yes absolutely, I know it is about the recursion. I meant, "example situation",
that is, "how to modify the above example to keep its gist but achieve the
desired effect".  I guess the answer is "no".  OK, I will read that paper.

Mark