Re: Summer of Code

From: Martin d'Anjou
Subject: Re: Summer of Code
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 22:18:33 -0400

Hi John,

On 12-03-24 09:29 PM, John Gamboa wrote:
I have just another question: if I really submit my proposal for the
GNU project with a project for GNU Make, is there any chance for me to
be accepted? I ask this because, so far, as far as I can tell, my only
feedback about my chances in GSoC in GNU Make is from an user, like me
(at least you called yourself just a user, right?), and I feel like
creating expectations without being sure even of the minimal things.
So, if there is no chance, I'd like to be warned as soon as possible.

You have the right approach.

Yes, I am just an avid user of GNU Make. Your best bet is to contact Paul D. Smith or one of the other leading developers. He reads this mailing list, so I am sure he will notice this discussion.

I would be happy to mentor you on the items familiar to me, but I do not think it would be fair to you since I am not a developer, so I could not help you with the implementation details.

Cheers,
Martin