Re: "load" dynamic library example

From: Motiejus Jakštys
Subject: Re: "load" dynamic library example
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 23:17:55 +0100

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 11:08 PM, Paul Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-01-07 at 21:52 +0100, Motiejus Jakštys wrote:
>
> It would be very helpful if you provided your makefile; at least the
> parts related to the shared object.  Without that it's hard to say
> what's wrong.
>
> One thing to be aware of is that there is no built-in rule in GNU make
> that knows how to build a .so file, so unless you have defined a rule in
> your makefile that shows how to build the mk_temp.so file it won't be
> done.
>
> To me it looks like either there is no such rule defined, or else for
> some reason make is not considering the rule you did define.  Without
> seeing your makefile I can't say.

Hello Paul,

thanks for a quick reply. Makefile is from the example in the manual::

all:
    @echo Temporary file: $(mk-temp tmpfile.)

load mk_temp.so

mk_temp.so: mk_temp.c
    $(CC) -shared -fPIC -o $@ $< -Imake-4.0

After some digging I realized It works as expected if I prefix "load"
with a minus sign. So we just need two minor manual updates.

Thanks!
Motiejus Jakštys