Silently ignored command line options when assigned (not overrided) in m

From: Dawid Gosławski
Subject: Silently ignored command line options when assigned (not overrided) in makefile
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 12:14:22 +0200

Hi,

It's not a bug, it's planned and documented. However I want to know how to
give users some warning about that assignment ? Of course we can declare
something like that:

ifdef CFLAGS
$(warning "CAN NOT OVERRIDE CFLAGS BY COMMAND LINE")
endif

on the beginning of the makefile but is there any better option for that ?
With multilevel structure and a lot of variables that potentially coult be
overrided make should give any warning when not assigning values as uses
assumes.

Thanks
Dawid

--