Re: how to use a different /bin/sh with GNU Make?

From: Tim Murphy
Subject: Re: how to use a different /bin/sh with GNU Make?
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 15:33:36 +0300

""
Likewise variables defined on the command line are passed to the
sub-`make' through `MAKEFLAGS'.  Words in the value of `MAKEFLAGS' that
contain `=', `make' treats as variable definitions just as if they
appeared on the command line.  *Note Overriding Variables: Overriding.
""

I assume this means that you can set it for the top-level make if
there is only one top-level make,

Regards,

Tim