Re: how to use a different /bin/sh with GNU Make?

From: Mark Galeck
Subject: Re: how to use a different /bin/sh with GNU Make?
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 12:16:48 +0000 (UTC)

I mean, I guess my big problem is this.
I have a massively GNU Make recursive system.  (Yes I know it is a bad thing;
I did not write it myself).
I hacked a shell to do some custom stuff, and I want to use the hacked shell
with GNU Make.

I can't very well use the SHELL hack, because that would mean, I would have to
modify every single Makefile, of which there are gazillions.
I could (and I am doing it right now) grok the job.c file of GNU Make to figure
out how to change it to accept my modified shell.  But it's not easy and I
don't really want to hack GNU Make if I can help it.

Is there another way to get massively recursive GNU Make system to accept a
custom shell.

Thank you,
Mark