Re: how to use a different /bin/sh with GNU Make?

From: Mark Galeck
Subject: Re: how to use a different /bin/sh with GNU Make?
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 04:15:24 +0000 (UTC)

All right, after all I will have to modify Make source code.
David's idea is very good... for recursive Make systems.
Unfortunately in practice, a system like does not just have Make calls itself
recursively, that would be too simple :)
It has Make call various scripts, which then may call Make and so on and so
forth...  Really, the only fool-proof way in such cases, to change the shell,
is to replace /bin/sh and, it looks like, hack Make a little bit to make it
always call the shell.
Paul gave me the hack, unfortunately, it is for 4.1, when I tried to do the
similar thing for 3.81, it did not work.  I can't use 4.1 because it segfaults
for me.
Have to understand 3.81 code better...
Thank you everybody for your help