Environment Variable to Customize .INCLUDE_DIRS

From: Afif Elghraoui
Subject: Environment Variable to Customize .INCLUDE_DIRS
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 08:57:04 -0800

Hello,
I'm looking for a way to be able to store custom makefile rules in special folders. I see that the Makefile variable .INCLUDE_DIRS is set to "/usr/include /usr/local/include /usr/include" on my machine by default, but is there an environment variable I can set to add different directories (like $HOME/include) in the same
way that can be done for CPATH, LIBRARY_PATH, and MANPATH for other things?

I know that i can also pass in a custom include path on the command line, but I would like to have some files with generic rules that I can include without any special command line invocation or hardcoding the absolute path.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui
Laboratory for Pathogenesis of Clinical Drug Resistance and Persistence