Re: GMAKE 3.81 vs GMAKE 4.2

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: GMAKE 3.81 vs GMAKE 4.2
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2019 10:39:13 -0400

On Sat, 2019-10-05 at 19:55 +0530, nikhil jain wrote:
> Can you tell when the make 4.3 will be official ?

Should be within a few weeks.

> If I share a makefile then can you debug that ?

Speaking for myself, I don't have the time to understand and debug
large makefile environments.  If you can cut and paste one of the makefile
rules that doesn't behave properly and the part of the makefile that checks the
verbose flag, then show how make is invoked and what the output of that rule
is, then we can try to help.

If you're not familiar enough with your makefiles or using make to do
that then we can wait for someone else to generate a test case.