Re: Evaluating a variable only once after a recipe has run

From: R. Diez
Subject: Re: Evaluating a variable only once after a recipe has run
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 21:17:44 +0200

I don't see why not.  Do you think there is some reason it wouldn't be
possible?

Hahaha. I was obviously trying to get you to write it. Well, maybe just the
code, I can write the comments myself... O8-)

You know, it's rather tricky stuff, I did not quite understand the escaping issue, you already have a nice blog entry about that, and you know GNU Make much better. Last time I wrote a define / endef I needed emergency holiday, especially because of the extra escaping... Are all these excuses enough???

All the best,
  rdiez