Re: Confusion on: all: all-yes

From: Kaz Kylheku (gmake)
Subject: Re: Confusion on: all: all-yes
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 15:53:12 -0800

On 2020-11-17 14:40, Budi wrote:
not found on included files, please help me out explain of the attached one

Hi Budi,

I found it here:

http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=tree

You could just have pointed everyone to that!

Grep is disabled on that giweb, but in ffbuild/library.mak, I manually found these lines:

14 all-$(CONFIG_STATIC): $(SUBDIR)$(LIBNAME) $(SUBDIR)lib$(FULLNAME).pc 15 all-$(CONFIG_SHARED): $(SUBDIR)$(SLIBNAME) $(SUBDIR)lib$(FULLNAME).pc

and

  27 install-libs-$(CONFIG_STATIC): install-lib$(NAME)-static
  28 install-libs-$(CONFIG_SHARED): install-lib$(NAME)-shared

These are what make the all-yes and install-libs-yes targets work. The idea seems to be that either CONFIG_STATIC is "yes", and CONFIG_SHARED is something else (likely blank), or else vice versa. So one of these two sets of rules becomes all-yes and install-libs-yes, hooking it into the dependency tree,
and he other becomes a dead/unused branch.

Thus the correct "flavor" of the rule is selected based on the static or shared
configuration.