Re: Variable expansion question

From: Sébastien Hinderer
Subject: Re: Variable expansion question
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 14:18:39 +0200

Thanks a lot and again, Paul, for your response.

With some help I managed to make the macro work even when the variables
it uses are defined after the call to the macro.

However, I noticed that secondary expansion seem to not play very well
with the shorthand syntax for substitution: $$(foo:=.o) didnr't work,
whereas $$(patsubst %,%.o, $$foo) works. Is this known / documented? Or
did I perhaps miss something and there is a way to make the shorter
syntax work?

Cheers,

Sébastien.