Re: Make reported an error "There are no rules to create 'mykernel. bin'

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Make reported an error "There are no rules to create 'mykernel. bin', stop"
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2023 12:20:08 -0500

On Fri, 2023-02-03 at 04:18 +0000, icport20000@outlook.com wrote:
> system:ubuntu22.10
> I'm trying to make mykernel.bin,However, an error was reported. See
> the title for details
> This is my makefile code:
> GPPPARAMS = -m32 -fno-use-cxa-atexit -fleading-underscore -fno-
> exceptions -fno-builtin -nostdlib -fno-rtti
>
> ASPARAMS = --32
>
> LDPARAMS = -melf_i386
>
> objects = loader.o kernel.o
>
> %.o: %.cpp
>
>         g++ ${GPPPARAMS} -o $@ -c $<
>
> %.o: %.s
>
>         as ${ASPARAMS} -o $@ $<
>
> mykernel.bin: linker.ld ${objects}
>
>         ld ${LDPARAMS} -T $< -o $@ ${objects}
>
> install: mykernel.bin
>         sudo cp $< /boot/mykernel.bin

Please show (via cut and paste of the _exact_ text) the make command
you typed and the error you got.  Also, please show the contents of the
directory where you entered the "make" command (run "ls -l" or
similar).

Based on the information you've provided here the error you report
cannot happen.  So there must be something else going on, that you've
not shown us.