help-nano

how to delete a full word with cursor in the middle of the word?

From: Andreas Radke
Subject: how to delete a full word with cursor in the middle of the word?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 08:03:50 +0100

Hallo.

1) I'm missing a simple one keystroke function to delete a full word in
nano under the cursor to both ends with a single (key) action? Just
like what vim does when invoking "dw" no matter if the cursor is at the
word beginning/middle or end of the word. For casual words some
combination of Alt+Bsp / Ctrl+Del does it. One keystroke less would be
nice though.

2) And I have a special case where word boundaries don't work properly
for me: I haven't found a simple way to delete quoted sha checksums
with one keystroke keeping the quotes like:
'b2059568b1e35c34c12b580803998e66b142d96e9a35f16b63afccb8e6af5c34'
-> '' and keep cursor under 2nd ' to allow easy pasting the new
checksum.

Do you have some suggestions for me? Thanks.

-Andy
(alos Arch Linux package maintainer)