help-ncurses

conspire icing

From: Ernie Flowers
Subject: conspire icing
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 04:45:28 +0200

You ought to know why, Norma, he repeated.
But my father is keeper of Setuckit Station. And her tone was formal, almost coldly so.
Youre the last man twould dohim any good to see.
But she had no intention of forgetting or permitting him to do so.
She turned to him, but only to ask a question.
Then why have you never told me about Myra Fuller? She did not reply, nor did she appear to heed the surprisedresentment in his tone.
Norma, he pleaded, please try to believe me.
She was at the BridgewaterAcademy when I was there. I know somethinghas happened there, she admitted. The crew gathered outside thedoor to meet it.
Unless his reason werevery convincing she would find it hard to forgive that neglect.
Homer lingered inthe mess room, still hopeful of seeing Norma.
Myra went to Bridgewater; shestudied to be a teacher up there. I thought probably you knew as muchor more about it than I did or I wouldnt have dropped a hint.
Oh, I wouldnt go so far as to say Ididnt like him, he said. He had written her theplain, unornamented truth about that.
Yes, if that was all, Calvin wouldbe the most popular man in the township limits. After all, sheknew so little of the man she loved. And you consider that you have been loyal to me? This thing I meant hasnt anything to do with whats happened downthere, not really.
Fact is, he got so kind of wild in his talk that I shutup.
Oh, I wouldnt go so far as to say Ididnt like him, he said. I tell you,Norma, Cal and his bunch have been workin and lyin and contrivinfor it all along.
But the hotel proprietorsmanner also was odd.
It seems oddthat that letter reached me and yours did not, then nor since.
If he didnt make good, why, then Cal was nextin line.
A little while ago; about a week ago, I think it was.
Myra was anxious about him,on account of the wrecks and all, but he hadnt written for weeks. But Id have you understand that Im speaking the truth.
If he were not he never would have given up hiscommand.
Why, I wrote you that very thing in my letter.