help-ncurses

CDK/ncurses interaction

From: Brad Hines
Subject: CDK/ncurses interaction
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 13:37:50 -0700

Hello, this question is more about CDK than ncurses; I have inferred from my investigations that this is the best place to post such questions.  If I am wrong, a redirect is welcome.

I have used ncurses lightly in the past, am now venturing into CDK.  I am experiencing some behaviors that I can’t find documentation on, am hoping someone can help.

PROBLEM SUMMARY

I am trying to write an application with multiple CdkScreens, like the example cdkscreen_ex.c.

But when I update a label that is off-screen, using setCDKLabelMessage(), it draws it immediately, on the current screen.

A LITTLE MORE DETAIL

In my application, I am trying to maintain multiple screens that I just flip between, as in the cdkscreen_ex.c example.

But the labels are drawing immediately when I update them.  For example, if I add this line just after line 99 of the example, both the screen 2 and screen 4 messages appear on screen as part of the screen 2 display.

      setCDKLabelMessage(label4,  (CDK_CSTRING2)title4Mesg, 4);

How can I update off-screen objects without having them immediately draw on the current screen?

Thanks,
Brad