help-octave

Re: unable to show or get editor pane in octave gui (qt)

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: unable to show or get editor pane in octave gui (qt)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 13:37:28 +0900

On 9/15/20 3:21 AM, sherin wrote:
> How should i check for qscinltilla? Sorry, i have no idea about it.

Sorry, this was a rather technical request 😇

You can check for qscintilla (some library used to give GNU Octave an
builtin editor) support by typing into your command window:

   >> __octave_config_info__ ("QSCINTILLA")
   ans = 1

If "ans = 0" appears, then your Octave was built without the editor, and
there is nothing you can do to make the editor appear magically.

On a macOS system I tested the latest Octave 5.2.0 from Homebrew and I
obtained "ans = 0".  Thus I am afraid you cannot make use of the builtin
Octave editor now.

The issue is reported

https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/issues/61141

HTH,