[Help-smalltalk] errors running make check on smalltalk-1.8.5

From: David Cargo
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] errors running make check on smalltalk-1.8.5
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 21:56:57 -0600

I recently saw the announcement for GNU smalltalk-1.8.5
on freshmeat.net.  I downloaded and tried to build in on
a Redhat 6.2 system.  I ran the make check target to see
what it might report.  Included below are the lines that
show a problem:

::::::::::::::
test_results
::::::::::::::
cd test && ./do-check
Testing arrays...
Testing blocks...
40,42c40,44
< [] in Exception class>>#initialize
< ExceptionHandler>>#signal:withArguments:resume:
< Exception>>#signalWith:with:
---
Error(Exception)>>#defaultAction
[] in Exception class>>#coreException
ExceptionHandler>>#activate:resume:
Error(Exception)>>#signal
Error(Exception)>>#signal:
90,92c92,96
< [] in Exception class>>#initialize
< ExceptionHandler>>#signal:withArguments:resume:
< Exception>>#signalWith:with:
---
Error(Exception)>>#defaultAction
[] in Exception class>>#coreException
ExceptionHandler>>#activate:resume:
Error(Exception)>>#signal
Error(Exception)>>#signal:

Testing chars...
Testing classes...
Testing dates...
Testing delays...
Testing exceptions...
Testing floatmath...
Testing geometry...
Testing intmath...
Testing objects...
Testing processes...
Testing sets...
Testing strings...

I am very interested in GNU Smalltalk working, but I don't
know if these problems are expected or not.

Thank you for your attention.

David S. Cargo (address@hidden)