Re: [Help-smalltalk] Blox and NetworkClients not playing well together

From: Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Blox and NetworkClients not playing well together
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 23:20:04 +0200

> I'm playing around with 1.96.6 now... Looking at the NetworkClients
> stuff.

Done some major debugging to that lately.  Expect only some SMTP
and FTP from 1.96.6 -- no POP3, no IMAP, no HTTP.

(just to keep you posted, other changes I made from 1.96.6 include
hash tables now having sizese that are powers of two, and largefile
support).

> I thought I'd have a look at it with the Blox browser, but when
> I try to load both packages I get a segfault. Both load separately,
> but together they segfault regardless of which was loaded first.

Strange, I loaded all of Blox/TCP/Parser/I18N to debug the
namespace browser...  Can you send me a gdb backtrace of
both cases?  Looks like a bug in the GC at first sight.  Is it in
the distribution directory or after installing?

Thanks

Paolo