Re: [Help-smalltalk] Feedback

From: nicolas n pelletier
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Feedback
Date: 09 Aug 2004 09:45:01 +0200

"S. Stremler" <address@hidden> writes:

> It still isn't compiling, but I'll see about trying to work my way
> thru most of the remaining issues.  I'm running Solaris 8 on a SPARC
> machine (Sun Blade 100), and compiling with GCC version 3.4.0.

I've been able to build  it on a sun-sparc-solaris2.6 with gcc 2.95.2,
using  a traditional  interpreter (no  --enable-jit). I  encountered 3
problems:

1. the missing semi-colon you already found.

2. dependencies  for  libgst  in   libgst/Makefile.  You  can  find  a
   workaround and  a patch  for this in  the (recent) archives  of the
   mailing list.

3. make check  failed, due to  a call to usleep  in VMpr_Process_yield
   (in libgst/prims.def); usleep  does not work right in  the Sun libc
   I'm  using.  I  used a  call  to  poll  () instead,  after  Paolo's
   suggestion:

/* Process yield */
primitive VMpr_Process_yield [succeed,check_interrupt]
{
  OOP oop1;
  struct pollfd fds [1] = {{-1, 0, 0}};

  poll (fds, 1, 1);