[Help-smalltalk] Future of Dolphin Survey

From: Dolphin Shelter
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Future of Dolphin Survey
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 00:05:50 +0200

Dear Smalltalkers,

As you may be aware, Object Arts Ltd. recently announced that they could no longer continue supporting and developing Dolphin Smalltalk.

A group of Dolphin users (?Dolphin Shelter?) has since formed to discuss how to keep Dolphin alive. In close consultation with Andy Bower of Object Arts, we have decided that the best option would be a buyout and open sourcing of Dolphin, similar to what was achieved with Blender.

We have created a two page survey that has two goals:

1) Assess the chances of a buyout succeeding.

2) Ask the community for their knowledge and thoughts on how to practically go about setting up and making the buyout a success.

The first page is collected anonymously. We ask that even if you would not contribute any money to the buyout, that you continue to the second page and share your ideas on how we can make the buyout work.

The survey is at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=F0w4GqMqUCFazkRUXaAL9A_3d_3d

Thank you in advance.

Go Smalltalk!