Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: JSON Dumper/Parser

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: JSON Dumper/Parser
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 14:13:12 +0200

Robin Redeker wrote:
On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 02:53:59PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
It would allow people to inherit from JSONReader and plug in their own
classes for storing json objects and arrays. Of course this doesn't work
for numbers, strings and true/false, etc. But I don't know if it makes much
sense to allow that much customisation.
I am not sure (yet) of the usefulness of this. I would like to see first how Magritte could be plugged into JSONReader/JSONWriter.

I've run the code of the magritte squeak package through gst-convert
now and solved some conflicts, there are however a few things that seem
to need some more serious work (haven't looked into these issues yet).

Feel free to ask!

I suggest you start with these options:

  -r'MessageSend->DirectedMessage' \
  -r'(address@hidden ifNil: address@hidden ifNotNil: [ | address@hidden |
address@hidden ] )->
     (address@hidden ifNil: address@hidden ifNotNil: [ :foo || address@hidden |
address@hidden ])' \
  -r'(address@hidden ifNotNil: [ | address@hidden | address@hidden ] ifNil:
address@hidden )->
     (address@hidden ifNotNil: [ :foo || address@hidden | address@hidden ]
ifNil: address@hidden)' \
  -r'(address@hidden ifNil: address@hidden ifNotNilDo: address@hidden )->
     (address@hidden ifNil: address@hidden ifNotNil: address@hidden)' \
  -r'(address@hidden ifNotNilDo: address@hidden ifNil: address@hidden )->
     (address@hidden ifNotNil: address@hidden ifNil: address@hidden)' \
  -r'(address@hidden ifNotNilDo: address@hidden )->
     (address@hidden ifNotNil: address@hidden)' \
  -r'(address@hidden doIfNotNil: address@hidden )->
     (address@hidden ifNotNil: address@hidden)' \

(should probably add a database of standard rewrites to gst-convert?)

Do you by any chance already have ported the code somewhere? :-)

No, I didn't. :-)

Paolo