Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk, GTK and threads

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk, GTK and threads
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 19:28:48 +0200

I've used GTK with pure C. There were one interesting moment: all
calls to gtk library should be done from one (main) thread. If the
programmer want to call gtk functions from separate threads, he should
use gdk_threads_enter()/gdk_threads_leave() or idle functions.

Could anybody please explain me, does this "problem" exist in GNU Smalltalk?

No, but just because GNU Smalltalk Processes are actually all mapped to the same operating system thread.

Also, is the GTK binding for Windows planned? or GTK package is
available in Linux (Unix) versions only??

It should work in Windows too.

P.S. Excuse me for my ugly English, I am from Russia :)

Don't worry, it's neither bad nor ugly! :-)

Paolo