Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: a stupid question about "stateful"

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: a stupid question about "stateful"
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:24:04 +0200

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:26:25 +0300
Bèrto ëd Sèra <address@hidden> wrote:

> Some of the widgets will have to exchange data/commands (like
> the search block showing it's result in another area and registering
> the search in the search history, as translators often want/need to
> double check things and it's easier if you have something quicker than
> a back button).

shooting from the hip, here's what I'd do:

  user enters text in search box, submits

  request handling
    widget transmits search term to application (?)
    widget marks dependent widgets (result area, history) as dirty
    widget tells app to conduct search
      app stores term and results in history

  response handling: dirty widgets get rebuilt
    search widget keeps entered text
    result widget asks app for search result to display
    history widget asks app for last 20 searches
      uses search terms for link text
      uses callbacks to notify app of chosen search

SCNR,
s.