Re: [Help-smalltalk] Totally confused :/

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Totally confused :/
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 19:48:46 +0200

On 10/18/2010 07:43 PM, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
For quite a few hours I am now playing arround with gnu-smalltalk
and can't get it working. First I downloaded git, but there
gst-browser seems to be broken as changes to classes aren't
rembered: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkK0aEoQucY

Thanks, I or Gwen will try to fix this.

I also experimented arround with various VisualGST versions, but
that didn't succeed either.

I am quite confused, why is gst-browser included in gnu-smalltalk?

The reason is that gst-browser is best distributed as part of gst, so it would be weird to include the executable but not the browser. However, I must admit so far my communication with Gwen on the stability of VisualGST hasn't always been the best. I'm very sorry about that.

I thought it is part of VisualGST, which can be seperatly
downloaded. Is there an all-in-one package wich contains
gnu-smalltalk along with gtk bindings and gst-browser which is known
to work together?

In theory the smalltalk.git would be that.

Paolo