[Help-smalltalk] Executing a system command without waiting for a respon

From: ZuLuuuuuu
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Executing a system command without waiting for a response
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 15:08:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I was wondering what is the best and easiest way to execute a system command
without waiting for a response (I guess it is called asynchronous process?).

Smalltalk#system: waits for the response. For example, when I do:

Smalltalk system: 'gedit'

gedit is opened but the interpreter is locked until I close gedit. I want
the interpreter not to be locked and I want gedit to be still open even if I
quit the interpreter. Is something like this possible?

-----
Canol Gökel