Re: [Help-smalltalk] Build issues with 3.2.4 and Solaris 8 using GCC-4.1

From: Rick Flower
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Build issues with 3.2.4 and Solaris 8 using GCC-4.1.0
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 09:34:08 -0700

Ok.. Got past things a bit -- I was NOT using GCC-4.1.0 but rather 3.4.3..
I switched to using the newer compiler and the bus error I was getting
disappeared. However, I did have some issues with a really old version of GDBM (from 1999) that caused a bunch of linker errors -- after hacking the
top-level Makefile to omit that package from being built I was able to
install GST 3.2.4 over my older 3.2 install from sometime in 2010.

I've still got an exception issue but will put that in a separate email..