Re: [Help-smalltalk] Display context state in debugger

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Display context state in debugger
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 20:42:10 +0200

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 03:00:04PM +0200, Gwenaël Casaccio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've added a new command 'J' that print the context state using
> the debug informations.

I have now queued all four patches, will do some more smoke tetsing
and then push it to master (hopefully) tonight. Do you have an idea
how we could make the minidebugger work through gst-remote?

In general I would like to have gst-remote have a defined protocol
(e.g. something like shampoo), also a challenge/response based auth
protocol (like shampoo), and then it would be nice to have a debugger
for gst-remote.

Today I deployed some of my code and it didn't work when I resumed
an image with gst-remote. My code opened a file on image creation
and should have re-opened it on resume. I had to debug this by
launching gst -I deployed.image to get to my exception...

thanks
        holger