Re: [Help-smalltalk] further tests Re: Float printString?

From: Robert Kuszinger
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] further tests Re: Float printString?
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 12:33:03 +0200

Dear Holger, Paolo

from the local package cache I successfully downgraded to 3.2.5:

address@hidden pkg]$ ls -l smalltalk-3.2.*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2742768 ápr    8 22.01
smalltalk-3.2.5-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2856712 jún   29 22.36
smalltalk-3.2.91-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

3.2.5 works well meanwhile the GMP update arrived this morning into Arch.
So, this is not a smalltalk/gmp divergence or whatever.

*Thanks for your support and ideas!*

As you see the 3.2.91-1 version of GST arrived on 29th June into Arch, so
the problem may be present since then...

Meanwhile I made an own build for 3.2.91 with the .configure --with-gmp but
it was also buggy, so it was not a gmp linking/version problem

I will contact the package maintainer and tell about the problem.
I could live on 3.2.5 until then :)

Best regards
Robert