Re: [Help-smalltalk] gst-browser crashes when loading modified images.

From: Colton Lewis
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] gst-browser crashes when loading modified images.
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 05:23:22 +0000

"Holger Freyther" <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe we can save the image in a "clean" non-preemptible process that
> recreates the browser on resume?
>
> wdut?

Recreating the browser on resume is the simplest thing to do
conceptually, but I am not yet sure what that would involve.

I am not familiar with Smalltalk processes or how they are implemented
here. I will research this. Perhaps you can explain further. When you
say "clean", do you mean to create a Smalltalk process with a namespace
uncontaminated with the existing GTK state and saving that as the image?
How would this be accomplished?