Alto Serif Smalltalk-72 font with GNU smalltalk

From: address@hidden
Subject: Alto Serif Smalltalk-72 font with GNU smalltalk
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:28:05 +0100 (CET)

There's a nice font AltoSerifLegacy.ttf: Alto Serif Legacy:style=Regular

at http://www.kreativekorp.com/software/fonts/index.shtml

Perhaps the name Alto refers to the Xerox Alto; in any case it has Smalltalk-72
style up arrow on $5E and left arrow on $5F,
which I suspect were characters in ASCII 1963 but I do not know that for sure.

It works with GNU emacs in a simple terminal / vi / emacs etc.

For example in attach a cool looking UDP example with GNU smalltalk to send a
datagram packet to the 'daytime' service,
and a piece of code computing an inverse of integer modulo p.

David Stes