Re: Need help compiling the JIT

From: Derek Zhou
Subject: Re: Need help compiling the JIT
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 10:04:00 -0400

On 2021-06-04 09:11:58Z, Piotr Klibert wrote:

> What should I do to make my discovery (I'd say "a fix", but its a bit too
> trivial to be called that ;-)) useful to others?

The author of VisualGST and maintainer of gnu-smalltalk is in this list.
> I also made some improvements to smalltalk-mode.el, and will probably
> continue to do so as I work with GST.

up to date smalltalk-mode is maintained in
[ELPA](https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/smalltalk-mode.html), so one can just `M-x
package-install smalltalk-mode` in emacs. There are lots of changes. I am the
designated maintainer of smalltalk-mode. If you want to contribute, please do
the following:

```
# this will grab the whole elpa
git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/elpa.git
# this will show only smalltalk-mode
git checkout externals/smalltalk-mode
# make a local branch, make your changes, test it, etc.
```

Then you can publish your repo on github or something, send me a mail, so I can
pull and push upstream.

Or you can just send me a patch.

Derek