Native thread support

From: Blake McBride
Subject: Native thread support
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 14:09:40 -0600

Greetings,

One of the things that have kept me from all Smalltalks is the lack of
true/native multi-threading support that is able to utilize multiple CPUs.
In today's world, it is a show-stopper for me and many others.

I believe that GST only supports cooperative threads utilizing a single
machine thread.  Adding true native thread support would make GST quite
appealing to a large crowd IMO.  I'd also guess that adding said support
would be difficult but easier in GST than other Smalltalks.

Just a thought.

Thanks!

Blake McBride